Monday, September 17, 2007

2 in bed, 1 in school, and 1 in the oven makes.....

...for a relaxing, QUIET afternoon for Mommy!! Did I mention quiet??

We had a very busy weekend around here. I think our weekend sort of started on Thursday this week. Mary got in an accident on the way home from work early Thursday morning. Ray ended up spending the entire afternoon with her at the hospital, but she was very fortunate and only had bruises and scrapes. The van isn't so fortunate, but the insurance hasn't given a final answer on that, yet.

Friday, Ray was able to stay home, so I went to town on a project that has been LONG overdue. Our bedroom has been in need of repainting for about 2 years now. I originally painted it about 3 1/2 years ago, but never really liked the color, so about 6 months later, I painted it again. The only trouble is, I didn't like that color either and quit painting halfway through so it was two-tone for about 2 years. I was so sick of painting after that I couldn't even think of doing it again. After painting it this time, I think I remembered why it didn't get painted for 2 years. It took 12 long hours to get the job finished....and I didn't like the color when I was finished! Ackk!! Mom to the rescue! I had long been wanting to paint my poor 15 year old furniture (it's dark cherry), so my mom came over Saturday and accomplished that task. Now, I actually like the furniture and the painted walls. Next project...change some of the bedroom accessories before 2 years go by! I've also posted a picture of my newly painted dresser.

So...it's been busy, and I was totally exhausted on Sunday evening, but it's nice to have some of the major projects I've been wanting to do, done!





1 comment:

Mommabelle said...

HI,
I found your blog through one of my cousins. Of course Ray is also one of them. Wow! What a suprise! Congratulations!
Your kids are very adorable!
Tamara