Monday, May 26, 2008

Crazy Days

Ok, so I've been rather "MIA" lately.  Not intentionally, it's just happened to be extremely busy around here lately.  I do plan to upload some pictures from the camera within the next day or so and get back into the swing of things.  
We are in the process of trying to sell our place. We've sort of run out of room here and need to find a place that will accommodate our family a little better.   We put a "For Sale" sign in the window back in October, but we never formally advertised.  We did get a few calls, but nothing serious.  For those of you who don't know, we live in a mobile home park.  Our community here has a park-wide yard sale twice a year.  The first one is June 7th this year.  We decided that would be the optimal time to have an open house since there will be so many people wandering around in the park that day.  So...we swung into high gear and have been working to get the house ready for the big day.  I don't have any high expectations, but it will certainly be great exposure for free, and if nothing happens after that we'll put a little money into advertising, I guess.  We would like to move, but both of us feel that whatever is meant to be will work out, so we're not trying to force things (which is generally pointless anyway).  If we do sell, we'll rent a house for a year while we look for something to buy or decide whether or not to build.  With the economy like it is, it makes more sense to buy than to build, but we would like to find something we'd feel comfortable in for many years to come.  In other words, we don't want to have to move again if we can avoid it.  
So that's my excuse for not posting anything here for a while.   I've been out planting flowers, painting my bathroom and other parts of the house, re-arranging furniture and generally cleaning.  It's hard not to get excited about the thought of moving, but we don't want to get our hopes up.  We'll keep you all posted, though.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!   

5 comments:

All American Family said...

ohhh...I remember WELL getting our house ready to sell..LOTS of work!! Actually, 1 year ago right now I was living in FL by myself with Jacob as David had already moved to TX to start work. Talk about stressful! I understand the demands on single Moms/ Dads a little more now! We did use a Realtor and I'm glad we did. She helped us out tremendously! If there's any way possible, take as much "stuff" out of your house as possible and store it somewhere else while you are trying to sell it. It makes your house seem larger and like it has more storage space than it really does. ;) Plus, it lets you know how much extra stuff you have that you don't really need! Good luck keeping your house "show ready" with 4 kids! It was hard enough with just Jacob and I and he was still a baby! Happy House Selling!

Mommabelle said...

I've been MIA too! We are still trying to sell our house. I sure hope it goes soon! Yours too!

Mimi/Susan said...

Hope things work out for you all. It's a tigh market rigt now.

Karen said...

Thanks everyone! Good advice, Kristen. We certainly have a lot of stuff we could get rid of! Maybe I should buy stock in Rubbermaid! ha

ShareandRemember said...

Good luck on selling your house!