Well, here it is already halfway through the first week of September. We have been pretty busy around here for the last 2 weeks, hence no blog postings. Last week was convention. Ray was fortunate enough to get almost an entire week off, so we left on Tuesday last week and went up to the grounds. We stayed in a borrowed camper this year and that was really a nice experience. We have stayed in a rented pop-up before, but since Nelly has joined the family there's really not enough room in a pop-up for our family. I've got the camper-bug now and would really like to check some out to see if we can afford one. I think we would actually use it quite frequently if we had one (at least that's my excuse for thinking we need one!). We forgot our camera, so I didn't get any pictures during convention time. Labor Day was spent trying to navigate through the house with all the laundry, suitcases and piles of junk that had been unloaded from the camper and dumped onto the floor in the living room. We got home late on Sunday night, so I didn't get much done that night except to clean out the camper so the owner's could come get it Monday morning. The kids came down with a cold that day also (yippee!), so they were tired and cranky....and so was I! Ray was home to help, though. Tuesday, school started for Emily and Lauren. Emily really likes her second grade teacher this year so I'm pleased about that. Lauren has PM Kindergarten with the same teacher Emily had 2 years ago. She loves it so far, though we have trouble in the morning because she is so anxious to go to school that it's hard to wait until 12:30.
Nelly cut her first tooth (bottom) at convention. She was good, though. A little tylenol and we were fine. The kids all did very well this year. Nelly is also sitting up now. She's still a little tipsy, but will sit on her own for a few minutes without toppling over.
I am still trying to get caught up on laundry and housecleaning since convention, but things are looking better than they did earlier this week. Now, we just need to get over these colds (Nelly's got it the worst) and we'll be good to go. Hope to get a few pictures up here this week. I haven't taken many lately, but I did get one of Lauren's first day of school.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
2 comments:
Good to see your update - sounds like y'all have been busy. Can't believe Nelly is sitting up already and has her first tooth!
Any bites on your house yet?
A few calls on the house, but no serious takers. We are investigating other options but will only elaborate later if they pan out. :)
Post a Comment