Halloween was interesting this year. Yes, there's a bit of sarcasm dripping from that sentence. It actually all turned out pretty well considering all that transpired throughout the day.
Ray had most of the day off work with the exception of about 2 hours in the morning. I got Emily to school in the morning, then we had to drop Ray's car off at the mechanic to be fixed (which is a whole different story that I'll spare you) and then we dropped the rest of the kids off at my parents because we had an appt. which took the remainder of the early afternoon. We got to the school just in time for me to do Emily's make-up for the parade. Owen dressed up in his costume for the parade, but that was the last he was willing to put it on for the rest of the day, so fortunately I got his picture at the parade. Nelly's costume was a waste of money. She got sick with bronchiolitis and ear infection so she was not feeling well. We never got her in her outfit.
We got home from the parade and started trying to clean the house for Emily's bday party (which was supposed to be the next day) and the garbage disposal backed up which created a terrible mess that no one on the planet wants to hear about. In the meantime, Nelly's breathing got worse so I took her to the doctor at 3:30pm with Owen in tow and arranged for Mom to pick up Emily and Lauren from the bus while Ray cleaned up the mess at home. The doctor visit took an hour and 1/2 because Nelly had to have a breathing treatment. Owen was a good boy, but he was more than ready to leave there after 30 minutes and Nelly was less than thrilled with the whole thing period. I rushed out of there and grabbed Kentucky Fried Chicken for supper and took it home. Mom and Dad met us here with their supper and we all ate together before the kids rushed out the door for trick-or-treating. We could not get Owen interested in going at all. ?? I guess that's a 2 year old for you. He was plenty thrilled with all the candy that came home about 2 hours later, though!
So, that was our evening, and to top it all off we had to cancel Emily's bday party because of Nelly being sick. Emily took it very well, though, and we did do a little party today for her with my parents and the neighbor girl that lives near them (see previous post's pics). We will re-schedule her party for later.
1 comment:
awe...sorry your day wasn't so great...but at least there were some cute "creatures" at your house. ;) I do believe you have the cutest little Super Man I've ever seen!
Post a Comment