Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm calling it therapy...

Ok, maybe I've truly lost my mind by posting these pictures of my house, but I've decided I need to vent my frustrations about not being able to accomplish anything this past week. Now, I could probably come up with a whole list of excuses for why my house currently looks like this, but the truth is...it does, and there's no getting away from it...unless I get in my car and drive somewhere which I've been tempted to do a lot lately. Why is it so depressing to clean your house (which can take a large amount of time and energy) and then within just a few minutes it looks like you never did anything? I'm not normally a messy person, and I like things to be neat, clean and orderly. So maybe that's why this mess drives me crazy, but on the other hand, I'm outnumbered here by people who don't have even remotely the same mindset. My son thinks his tools all belong on the floor instead of neatly stored away (how can you play with them when they're all in drawers??). Two of my daughters think making their beds is a form of human torture...much less having to pick anything up off the floor FOR GOODNESS SAKE! and the baby is more than happy to explore whatever has been dumped on the floor and proceed to taste test it all with pleasure. Ugh! Sometimes I feel like giving up. I know there will be a day when they will be grown and on their own (living in their own messes) and I will have my nice quiet house with everything in order...and I'll probably miss listening to them throw blocks at the wall (just kidding!). What I'm trying to say is that I realize this is an important time to spend with my children and not worry about the mess. So, I'm trying to convince myself to enjoy the mess...and I'm even posting pictures of it for the world to see!....and now that everyone has seen what it looks like when it's a mess, I won't stress out about cleaning it if anyone wants to come visit! Just watch out for flying blocks! ha





























5 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

Ahhh, no big deal! It always looks worse to you than anyone else. I've taken pictures of my place before too with day care mess everywhere & then thought - it looks worse to me than on the picture! I just wish everything could stay nice & clean for a decent amount of time before I have to do it all over again!!

All American Family said...

I hear ya sister, I hear ya!!

Tamra said...

You want to have a messy house contest? I will beat anyone, hands down. LOL!

TNCarrolls said...

Hey how did you get those pictures of my house??? Just kidding but mine looks like that 5 days a week. I have to clean on Sat. and Wed. for meeting or else it would look like that 7 days a week. I tell myself one day I won't be picking the same mess up day after day but until then.... :)

Bruce and Deb said...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up too soon to our sorrow... So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I am rocking my babies and babies don't keep!! Lovu