You had to know it was coming. The roasted garlic blog was inevitable. Feel free to meander elsewhere if you find this exceedingly boring (as I'm sure my husband will). I will spare you the photo of the finished product covered in olive oil, in it's little glass jar in my fridge. It won't give you the urge to make this. In fact, if I didn't know what it was, I would definitely define it as hazardous waste, and it would find it's way quickly to the dump. I have faith, though, that when I actually get around to using the stuff, it will be really good. ;-) By the way, I'm still on the lookout for tried and true recipes. Anyway...on with the show.
Cute little Garlic Bulbs
Cute little NAKED garlic bulbs.
Kinda like kids....leaving their clothes all in a pile.
Off with their heads! Yes, you have to chop off the tops just a little.
Drizzling the olive oil on....
Coated in oil. I should have made sure each clove got enough oil. Next time...
Cover with foil at bake at 425* for 1 hour and 15 min.
All soft and warm
See the dark edges? That's what I mean about more oil.
Roasting garlic will make your house smell good in an overpowering sort of way. Your neighbors will know you're roasting it.
When you're done, squeeze or scoop out each clove and put it in a glass jar (one with a lid). Cover the cloves in olive oil and seal with the lid. Keep in the fridge for 1 week.
No comments:
Post a Comment