Aren't these chef's hats adorable!! They made them from paper.
Each child made a gingerbread cookie to share with their family. They were delicious! When I enquired about the recipe, I found out it was the Betty Crocker cookie mix! Evidently I wasn't the only one who thought they were good. Every store I've been to is completely sold out of that particular mix!
CHICKEN CASSEROLE
*if using pre-cooked chicken, skip the first step in the directions
4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast (*or 2-3 c. leftover cooked chicken cut up)
Mrs. Dash Original seasoning, about 2 tbsp, divided
Lowry's seasoning salt, about 2 tbsp, divided
1 can cr. mushroom soup
1 can cr. chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 package saltine crackers, crushed
1 package ritz cracker, crushed
6 tbsp. melted butter
Place chicken breast in a large, heavy skillet (use one that has a lid). Cover the chicken with water and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. each Mrs. Dash and Lowry's seasoning. Turn burner on high, place lid on skillet, and cook chicken (turning once) until chicken is completely cooked (30 minutes or more if your chicken was frozen).
While chicken is cooking, preheat your oven to 350*. Take a 9x13 baking dish and spray it with non-stick spray. Cover bottom of baking dish with crushed saltine crackers.
Once chicken is cooked, drain all but about 1/4 cup of water from the chicken, and cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces. Add both soups and sour cream to chicken pieces. Sprinkle in the remaining 1 tbsp. each Mrs. Dash and Lowry's and stir to combine. Add cheese and mix again. Pour chicken mixture over crackers in baking dish. Top with crushed ritz crackers and drizzle melted butter over all. Bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly and crackers on top are starting to turn golden.
2 comments:
The skit sounds so cute and Gingerbread cookies make me hungry for them! I love Lauren's chef hat
I know what we will be eating for supper one night this week. I haven't made this in a long long time. Dad loves it as well!
What a cute idea for a program! We tried this recipe too. I made it a bit salty but we liked it! Probably not the healthiest but it sure was easy & tasted good! :) Here's an award for you: http://shareandremember.blogspot.com/2010/12/another-one.html
Post a Comment