I've been really inspired lately by a lot of other people's creative blogs. I've found a blog for making a rug out of t-shirts, a very pretty ruffle shirt, a little girl's skirt out of a pair of old jeans, a super-cool 3D Valentine, and gorgeous re-fashions from thrift finds. I'm so glad other people are willing to take the time to do this stuff, and then blog about it so people like me can see it (and copy it!). I've added a few new links to my favorite link list on the sidebar, so you can see all those things for yourself, too. I also made a photo collage for you to see what I'm talking about. These photos came from: Tea Rose Home, Grosgrain Fabulous, and Xoelle.com (aka Rug Tutorial on my list). That rug looks like the perfect project to put under my kitchen table, only I want a red one.
Not a lot has been going on here lately, and I'm afraid I would bore you to tears by going into any details. The only project I've accomplished has been to fix that jean skirt I mentioned in a previous post. In fact, I finished it last night and am wearing it today. I didn't take time to take photos, but maybe I'll take one later and post it. I do like it, and the best part is that I can actually wear the skirt again.
I've decided to do a post on our favorite smoothie. I make these quite often for the kids, especially as an after school snack. They are healthy, filling, tasty, and also pretty! ;-)
To start with, I make mine in a food processor, but that's because my blender quit a while ago, so I used this instead. It actually works better than my new blender, so I'm still using it. I don't measure, just dump, so the measurements listed are an educated guess. I fill the bowl up with the following ingredients:
1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt (any yogurt will do; I've also used homemade orange sherbet instead)
1 cup milk
2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1 scoop soy protein powder
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. sugar

3 comments:
YUM!!!! (I'm with you on other people's creative blogs...I'm not all that creative myself so I love it when people share!)
Now, that looks funny with "Ms. Amber" LOL Forgot it said that!
LOL I figured it was you! :) I'm sure all the kids call you Ms. Amber, so it's completely fitting!
Post a Comment