Corny title for this post, I know. I think I've mentioned before that titles are not my thing.
These ARE my thing, though! Check out these awesome decoupage funkins!! (photo courtesy of Country Living).
After seeing those, I had to try it. Especially because it looked easy peasy. I love easy projects. All you need is a Funkin (aka: fake pumpkin...you could also use a real pumpkin, but then you'd eventually have to throw it away), a bottle of Mod Podge, a styrofoam brush (or some kind of paintbrush), and whatever type of material (or paper) you want to cover your Funkin with. Cooking has suddenly become so much more enjoyable!
Whoa, Chica!
Child Labor. No laws about it here. :-)
Don't let me fool you, she LOVES to use this thing.
Hey, Babycakes! Fall time means donuts and cider. I found this little donut maker on sale this past week and I finally caved and bought it.
It's incredibly cute, and I'm a sucker for cute appliances. I admit to being skeptical about it, though. It's a kitchen gadget, afterall. How great could it really be? I guess that all depends on how much you and your family like donuts, but to be truthful, these donuts are actually a LOT healthier than the typical store-bought variety because they are baked, not fried (after-school snack, anyone?). The little cookbook included has a handful of very tasty recipes to try also (from sour cream and buttermilk spice, to chocolate...complete with glazes). What's not to like? It bakes 6 donuts at a time in about 4 minutes. There is very little mess involved, and the donuts are mini (1/2 the size of a regular donut)....so I'm thinking fewer calories, too! :-) I'm really not being paid by this company to brag about their product (maybe I should look into that, though). I guess don't need to say much more, afterall, a (blurry) picture is worth a thousand words, right! :-)
You like caramel corn? You like to make it in a hurry? I've got the recipe for you. (thanks to Heidi J)
This is a wonderful recipe made in a big paper shopping bag (so next time you go to the grocery store, choose paper). It's quick, easy, and guaranteed to make you drool.

Microwave Caramel Corn
1 stick butter or margarine (I recommend butter)
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 quarts popped corn
Melt butter in a 4 cup glass measure or bowl. Add brown sugar, syrup, and salt. Mix well. Bring to a full boil in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Add baking soda and stir. Then put popcorn in a brown paper grocery bag. Pour syrup over corn. Close and shake well. Place in microwave and cook 1 1/2 minutes on full power. Take out and shake well. Cook again for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Shake well again. Cook another minute. Pour caramel corn out on a cookie sheet or waxed paper to cool. If adding nuts, put them in to the caramel before pouring it on the popcorn.
Try to keep from eating it all yourself!
2 comments:
love those FUN kins! I love your blog! post more!
Thanks, Mj! Glad you enjoy the blog. It's a great outlet for me, though I don't post on it as often as I'd like to.
Post a Comment