Time is getting away from me again. We've been enjoying our summer break so far.... no time for blogging, it seems.
June 7th was the summer break kick off here. After school, we met Grandpa and Grandma at the park for a picnic supper and some play time.
This county run park has some really fun water sprinklers and fountains. I suppose it's probably geared mostly for the younger kids, but for a quick cool-off, it's great for people of all ages.
Time for a warm-up!
Emily and Lauren baked up some brownies for dessert at Grandma's one Sunday afternoon.
Lauren is growing up! Really liked this photo of her.
Father's Day weekend we all went down to Indiana to visit my brother and his family. We had a lot of fun together, and while I didn't get pictures of much of our weekend, I did catch a few fuzzy shots of the backyard baseball game, complete with Grandma at bat!
The kids were pretty good at finding ways to entertain themselves on the way home (listening to an audio book helped!)
We had a summer storm roll in not long ago. The sky looked so strange that I had to get some photos.
I thoroughly enjoyed a visit from my childhood friend this past week! She brought her two children and nephew, and the kids had a great time together. We went back to the splash park one day to let them cool off.
I wish I would've had the presence of mind to get more photos while they were here, but we were just too relaxed and at the same time too busy, I guess.
Here are all the kiddos after mtg on Sunday morning. I didn't catch our visitors fast enough to get a pic in their Sunday best, but it's still good for memories.
...and here we are....
Recipe for today is yummy Raspberry Frozen Yogurt. This is a recipe I found from Pinterest, and the original site is here. I made this batch from some homemade yogurt. I actually made a video of the yogurt making, but I haven't had time to look at/edit it, yet, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth uploading here. This could easily be made with store-bought yogurt, though.
I used the ice cream maker attachment for my kitchen aid mixer to mix up this batch. I freeze it this way first, and then pour it into a plastic container and freeze it again in the regular freezer to harden it.
Creamy Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
3 cups fresh(frozen/thawed) raspberries
3 cups yogurt cheese (or Greek yogurt)
1 can sweetened condensed milk ( 14 ounce can, it's fine if it's a bit more or a bit less)
- In a blender, puree the raspberries with the sweetened condensed milk.
- In a medium bowl mix the puree with the yogurt cheese.
- Pour the mixture in to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Pour frozen mixture into a container, cover, and re-freeze in your freezer to harden (at least 2 hours).
Enjoy!!
1 comment:
Looks like y'all have had a great summer so far! We have a local splash park too that the kids have really enjoyed playing in. No blankets requried though!! ;) And what fun times with the siblings and cousins - complete with a backyard baseball game. What fun memories!
Post a Comment