This weekend I snuck in a rare visit to a local antique store. I love this little store. It's located along main street in a little town close to our home, and they have some of the neatest old things there.
This time I noticed they had some old Teen magazines from 1990. The front cover caught my eye before I ever saw the date. I remembered seeing that one 22 years ago when it first hit the stands. Did that ever make me feel strange!! Now I wish I'd taken a photo of it.
I didn't purchase much, but I found this old wooden frame. It's not much to look at, but I loved the ornate design.
Where I did hang these shelves I made (long ago), and where they've been hanging with only a very large "S" to keep them company ever since.
I couldn't wait to get the frame home and cover it with some leftover white chalk paint I had in the basement.
Combine that with some metal stars I got at the antique store (and spray painted), and a few other odds and ends and I finally have a decorated wall (yes, my "S" is crooked....*sigh*).
And I'm happy with it!
(and happy that for once I actually accomplished something on the weekend!)
The rest of the weekend was spent doing things like reading...
...and visiting the pet store where we took this video of a crazy bird...
....and we ate out! Yay! We have been eating at home a lot lately, so it was nice to get out and enjoy someone else's cooking for a change!
She didn't want her picture taken.
But I did it anyway...
In other happy weekend news, the shoes are once again sparkling! My supercalifragilisticexpealidocious husband surprised me and cleaned them up! (they still light up!)
He also vacuumed the upstairs on Saturday and made the bed Sunday morning.
And I didn't ask him to.
Definitely planning to keep him around!
No, he doesn't have a brother.
Sorry ladies.
If you're into grilling this Thanksgiving, here is a recipe for a grilled turkey. I found it in my latest issue of Martha Stewart magazine, but you can also find the recipe and a step-by-step tutorial at the linked website (photo is also from that site). It sounds delicious to me, and very simple, too. I'm not doing the turkey this year or I would definitely have to give this one a try. Maybe I'll practice between now and next year and see how it is.
What kind of turkey are you doing this year?

1 comment:
Post made me smile...great way to start the morning. :-) Grilled turkey sounds yummy! And a shout out for awesome husbands...I have one too :-) Those shoes look like new!
Post a Comment