RAVENWOOD CINNAMON ROLLS
These are "make ahead" bread machine rolls, and I usually put them in the refrigerator overnight and bake for breakfast the following morning. You could just do a second brief (20 min) rise after they are in the pan and bake them as the directions indicate if you don't want to wait. You could also make them by hand if you don't have a bread machine.
DOUGH:
1 cup tap water 1/4 cup butter, cut up 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, cold 1 tsp. salt 2 tsp. active dry yeast
3 1/2 cups all-purp. flour
Place water in a microwave safe bowl (I use a glass measuring bowl). Cut up butter into water and microwave on high for 1 minute. Whisk in egg, sugar and salt. Add yeast and mix well. Pour into bread machine and allow to sit for 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly on top (this means the yeast is beginning to work). Add flour and start bread machine on "dough" setting. Watch the dough as it begins to mix in the flour. Use a spatula to help the flour get all mixed in and add a little more flour or warm water if necessary to make the dough form a moist ball in the corner of the machine during the kneading part. Once the dough looks right, close the lid and let the machine finish the dough.
FILLING:
1 stick butter, softened 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 TBSP cinnamon
When the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough from the bread machine onto a floured surface. Roll the dough into a large rectangle. Spread the dough with softened butter. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the center of dough and spread evenly to the edges. Roll the dough up starting from a long end. Slice log into 12 even pieces and place cut side down in a 9"x13"x2" baking pan that's been spread generously with butter (sides and bottom). Cover rolls with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight or a few hours. Remove rolls from refrigerator, uncover, and pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place rolls in pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Spread with glaze and serve!
GLAZE:
2 TBSP butter, melted 1 cup powdered sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
half and half
Pour powdered sugar into a bowl with melted butter. Add vanilla. Stir. Add half and half until mixture reaches your desired level of "pourable" glaze. I usually like mine to be fairly thick and gooey, but still pourable. Spoon glaze on hot rolls. Enjoy!
3 comments:
I will have to make the cinn. rolls--they look wonderful. I have been wanting to start using my bread machine again so this will get me going--thanks
shelley
Hi! We found you out here! This looks wonderful so I'll have to try this recipe & the other one you have posted down below. I've been trying to make a lot of things ahead & put things in the freezer for quick easy meals. Congratulations on your beautiful little family and another one coming soon!! It's great to see pictures of Annie here too. She looks great! I need to send her a letter, we haven't forgotten. Come see our blog: http://damonandstacy.blogspot.com/
Damon & Stacy & Brett Ransom
I made the rolls!!! They were very good--how long is the dough cycle on your bread machine? I didn't let it sit and rise. Are you suppose to? Shelley
Post a Comment