BBQ Pork Sandwiches
1 (3lb or so) whole boneless pork loin
1 pkg. McCormick's Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork seasoning mix
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 package mini sub-buns
Mix seasoning packet with ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir until well combined. Place pork loin in a crockpot. Pour seasoning mixture over the top of pork. Cover crockpot and cook on high 1 hour, then turn crockpot down to low and cook 7-8 hours. When pork is cooked, take two forks and pull the meat apart while it's in the crockpot so the juices are mixed in well with the meat (the juice will be pretty thin). At this point you can also drain some of the BBQ sauce and put it in a saucepan on the stove and heat to bubbly. Add cornstarch that's been thinned with water and thicken the sauce to serve with the meat.
Separate each half of the sub-buns and spread each half with butter. Broil a few minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with pork and thickened sauce. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Hi Karen..."The Triplets" cousin here. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Looks great. David (my husband) LOVES pork bbq so I'll be making this soon I'm sure. Don't you just love Pioneer Woman!
I laughed when I saw this, because Sunday night I pulled a frozen pork roast out of the freezer. It was still cold in the center on Monday so I didn't cook it. I kept forgetting to cook it until this morning. I was afraid it might be bad, but it smelled ok, so we are having this same meal tonight! I just put it in the crock pot! I didn't know about the seasoning packet, I'll have to look for it!
Post a Comment