Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Open House

We had our open house this past Saturday. Some might have considered it a flop because only 3 people came in to see it, but I'm choosing to look at it in a more positive way. The way I see it, I got my house spotless (miracles really do happen) and now we can advertise actively since it is ready to show. I'm certainly not sorry for all the work that went into this, but I will say that this past week was probably the most exhausting one I can remember for a long time...maybe even worse than the first week after our first baby was born! The effort will pay off even if it's just the fact that I'm now living in a much cleaner, more organized house....and I love it! Just for fun, my next post will be a link to a slideshow with pictures I took of the house the day of the open house. Feel free to take a look. I plan to save these pictures forever so that on days when I feel like I'm living with a bunch of rascals who are intent on destroying my house, I can look back on these pictures and remember that it can actually look really nice once in a while. I will admit, though, that we had to keep the kids out of the house completely for 3 days before I was able to take these pictures.

2 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

Wow! I'm sure you did have to keep the kids out for 3 days! LOL Good job even though I haven't seen it yet, sounds like a major accomplishment.

Mimi/Susan said...

I'm sure you did have to keep the kids out for 3 days! You couldn't keep them gone longer? LOL. Kids (and husbands) seem to mess up faster than one can pick up! Good luck selling. 3 people in this depressed market isn't bad.