Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Under the Weather

I admit, I'm in a posting funk, too. Actually, none of us have felt very well for the last month since convention. Colds seem to have taken up residence in our home and I'm not sure exactly when they plan on leaving. I can't remember a time when it's hung around so long. We've all had it at least twice in the last month, and Nelly and Owen have had it 3 times. I've got Owen and Lauren on an antibiotic now for sinus infections, so maybe it will disappear all together soon.
Lets see....what else is going on....?
Grandpa Shippey was here for a visit last week. Ray was able to get 3 days off work to spend some time with him also so that was nice. We didn't do anything unusual while he was here as the kids were in school during the day, but I did get some pics of us just hanging around (exciting, I know!) so I'll try to post them later. We enjoyed his visit.
Nelly is growing by leaps and bounds. We have been trying in vain to get started on baby food. So far, she's showing extreme tendencies toward pickiness. Fruit and yogurt are okay, everything else you might as well forget about. I tried to feed her some chicken the other day (Gerber) and you'd have thought I was trying to torture her with something terrible. Of course, if you ate some of that stuff yourself you'd probably agree with her. Just the smell of it is pretty bad. Owen loved it, though. He still does (though he's not on baby food anymore), so while I'm bending over backwards to get her to even taste it, Owen is at my elbow begging for it. Who do these strange children belong to anyway?
Ray has recently started something a little different. The hospital where he works is affiliated with a few other small hospitals in some rural areas surrounding Lansing. One of them is 40 miles away. They have a very small out-patient orthopedic dept. with regular P.T. and some sports medicine therapy there. To make a long story short, Ray has been contracted to work there every day for about a year to try and help build their department up a little. Hopefully it'll work out. He started there yesterday. It's a long drive, but mostly highway. I'm just hoping we have a mild winter as I worry about him traveling that much everyday on the expressway during the winter.
I guess that's about it for news from our end. I'm still enjoying all of your blogs! Keep posting, it's fun to keep up with everyone.

1 comment:

Mimi/Susan said...

I'm glad that you added a new post. This seems the best way for far-flung friends and family to stay in touch. Your little family is growing fast. It doesn't seem that long since you and Ray spent T'giving day with us when you were pregnant with Emily!