Sunday, October 12, 2008
Uncle John's
This has been a beautiful weekend! Saturday we took the kids to Uncle John's Cider Mill. We usually go every year. It's always a fun place for the kids, and I like to take their pictures with the pumpkins. Unfortunately, there seemed to be dirt on my lens which I didn't notice until I got home, so the pics of the kids didn't turn out so well. Here they are, though. Uncle John's is a huge orchard where they grow apples and other fruit. They are known for their cider and homemade donuts, and you can watch them make their cider right at the mill! Every year they seem to grow with new, fun things for the kids and adults, too. They have everything from horse-drawn wagon rides through the orchards and airplane rides over the farm, to playground fun and a mini train ride. There's a wine tasting room, pie and pastry house, and country store on the premises. You can also buy fresh apples to take home....and don't forget the cider and fresh donuts! This year they were also making homemade kettle corn outside and a big smoker with bbq. Yum!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pictures! Looks like fun. We haven't gone to the orchard as a family yet. I'm not sure we'll get a day as nice as we had this weekend though!
Your blog looks great!
Post a Comment