We've had some really nice warm weather here this week. The kids have been enjoying the swingset (and I enjoy watching them!). I just realized that Lauren is not in any of these photos. She was in the house doing homework at the time. She did come out later, but by then I had to start supper. The leaves are also starting to change in the backyard. We haven't seen it here in the Fall time, yet (we got this lot at the end of February), so it'll be fun to see the changes.
There are a LOT of deer that visit the field behind our property. Sometimes they come up as close as the section right behind our lot where Ray has mowed the weeds down. I saw two bucks there this week (not huge ones, but they had 2 points on each tine). They are not skittish. I went outside to sit on the back step for a few minutes before I even noticed they were there. When I looked up it almost scared me because they were so close, but they just stood there chewing and looking at me. I sat quietly for a minute, wishing I had my camera, and then Lauren and Nelly came out. I figured the deer would surely run away then, but they didn't! They still stood there chewing and watching us. Never even flipped their tails! I couldn't believe it. I almost wondered at that point if I should just go in and get my camera, but I knew they'd be gone. Within 30 seconds they turned around and wandered back into the woods, staying close to the edge so we could still see them, but not clearly enough for a photo. I'm keeping my camera handy, though. Gonna get a good pic one of these days!
The little clearing here is about 20-25' feet from our house. That's where the bucks were. See the leaves changing color!
1 comment:
fun fun!! We've been wanting to get a swing set for our kids but haven't yet. Hopefully soon!
Post a Comment