Friday, September 24, 2010

Progress

The third, and final, coat of paint went on the living room walls last night. Whew! Glad to have my furniture all back where it belongs again. I must say I'm very happy with the whole transformation. A few touch-ups needed, but otherwise it turned out well. I wish I felt more comfortable using a larger roller, but I've always stuck with a 6" skinny roller, and I don't usually have too much mess. I have tried the larger rollers just to see what would happen because I know I could probably get it done faster by using a larger one. The mess I make with it is not worth the time saved.
So, the trim and wainscot will hopefully be done by the end of next week, and today I'm going to work on getting that extended wall to the kitchen finished (in red). The other kitchen walls will be yellow, but I probably won't start on that until next week, either. I'm ready for a few days off from the ladder. My thighs are complaining LOUDLY!....and so is my right arm. I pity those who do this to put food on their table. My family would starve if that were the case here, but I am thankful I learned how to do it (thanks to Tonya Rice who was willing to come help me paint half of our previous home several years ago, and teach me in the process). Painting is by far (in my opinion, of course) the most effective and cheapest way to achieve a makeover if you can do it yourself. Now, the stairway here....definitely gonna leave that for the professionals! :=)



3 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

Wow it is striking! It looks lovely! I love red!

Anonymous said...

looks beautiful karen, i love to paint. we only got a little down at amy and dans house this past winter, so looking forward to finishing this fall and winter, it really does make a difference
becky stephens

All American Family said...

ohhh...I LOVE it!! Makes me miss my red wall!! Hummmm...I think you've inspired me to paint red again...just have to convince David!! ;)