Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seeing Red

Here it is, the colorful post I promised! I'm wiped out and there is still at LEAST one more coat that has to be applied. I think I've forgotten how much work it is to paint. Not to mention the 9' ceilings here, makes painting for a 5' tall woman a daunting experience. I don't look down once I get up there. It's coming along, though, and I like it!! As you can probably tell from the way it's painted, there's going to be a wainscoting around part of the room. I thought I would leave one wall solid red, but the rest will have white beadboard and trim around them. That was the solution for lightening up the room. I still haven't figured out exactly what walls I want the beadboard on, but I'm pretty certain we've decided that all of them except the wall behind the couch would have it. Let me know what you think. I keep waffling back and forth between leaving that wall red or leaving the wall behind the piano red (I would finish painting it then). Ack! I hate these kind of decisions. It's not exactly the kind of thing I can easily change once it's done, either, as the stuff gets adhered to the wall. We're not going to do it until next week, though, so I have a few days to try and figure it out. Will keep updating as we go along. The back kitchen wall is going to be yellow, but I still haven't settled on a color for the entryway near the stairs, and up the stairway. May put the yellow there, too. Don't want red there, but have considered green. Suggestions are welcome!

No going back now!
brings out the red in the rug already!
red on left will extend into kitchen once finished
Yikes, what a mess! Owen said it looked like we were moving in again! :)
Kinda hard to tell what it's going to look like exactly with the living room a disaster.

1 comment:

All American Family said...

I LOVE the red!! I looks very similar to the red we had in our house in Florida. I never got tired of it!