Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Indian Summer

The weather this past week has been absolutely gorgeous! It's Indian Summer. I always feel a little bit nostalgic during this time of year. I love Summer. I hate to see the season change to cooler weather, but on the other hand, I love the beautiful colors of Fall (trees, pumpkins, mums), and I love Fall clothing....sweaters, corduroy, tights....(yes, I love tights!). I still love Summer the best, though. When Indian Summer arrives, I know cold weather is right around the corner, and I want to grab that warm sunshine and hang on to it so it can't get away. So, this week I tried to enjoy each day and get some things accomplished at the same time.

I did get some pumpkins and mums this year....more than a day before Halloween, I might add. Usually I'm scrambling around the day before Halloween to find a decent looking pumpkin for my children to carve. I found this adorable pumpkin to bring home as well. It's smaller than the other regular pumpkins I got...and a WHOLE lot heavier! This baby weighs 26 pounds if you can believe that!
The bead board is coming along. Dad is putting it up for me and it's getting exciting! I'll probably do the majority of the painting on it after it's up since it's already primed. Had thought I would paint the trim before it goes up, though.


I got this tablecloth at an outlet earlier this year. I can't remember if it was before or after we moved, but when I first put it on the table I thought it looked awful. That was before I had painted. Now, with the room red, it seems to go okay. It's definitely bright, but I like the cheery colors.

And, the playground got mulched! (sorry for all the crooked pictures....) Now I suppose it's okay for the kids to dive off the top of the climbing wall, right! NOT!

I put Nelly down for a nap this afternoon and came downstairs to relax a little. Got looking around and discovered my living room was a total disaster, but Little Nel had not forgotten to put HER baby down for a nap before she went upstairs.
Huh...this is for all the other moms out there who wonder if they are the only ones with a messy house. :) Now you know.

No comments: