Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Ok, Thanksgiving was at our house this year, and that means one thing for sure.....I didn't get enough pictures! Too busy cooking and eating. In fact, I didn't even get any food pictures!! I'm certain, however, that my roasted bird probably didn't look much different from most of the rest out there. We also had ham on the menu, just to be rebellious. That's probably not really rebellious, though, since I think I remember hearing that ham is also a common Thanksgiving food.
There were 19 of us all together, with 13 adults and the rest kids. It was loud, crazy, busy, and fun. Nice to see my bro and his family again. Will look forward to seeing the rest of Ray's family hopefully next month.
I did get a photo of the table before everyone arrived. Not a great photo, but you get the idea. The kids sat at a different table in the kitchen, but no photos of that one. Your life will never be the same, I'm sure. ;-)
I had Owen and Nelly collect some pinecones from the yard a few weeks ago. They got used here.
Uncle Dave and Owen are checking out cars...
These two had the best time together.

Look at all that cheese!
Since I didn't get a single photo of the food, I'll just have to give you a recipe without one. You'll just have to use your imagination. Just think of it as a brain stimulating exercise.
This recipe is my favorite Thanksgiving staple. I make it every Thanksgiving, and eat as much of it as humanly possible, because that's the only day of the year I make it. No one else that I live with likes it. They are all from another planet. If you ever make this, you'll know what I mean.
I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday!

Sweet Potato Casserole
4-5 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. margarine or butter, melted
2 eggs well beaten
1tsp. (or more) vanilla
Topping:
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
2 1/2 Tbsp. marg. or butter, melted
1 c. chopped pecans
Combine casserole ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Mimi/Susan said...

Wow, you must have a lot of aliens in your house if they don't eat that!