Check out videos here!
Here is a sample of what you'll find (pics are a bit grainy as they were saved from a video). The demos are very good. The You Tube user is WomenBeauty1 so it could also be looked up that way, I believe. Anyway, you could consider subscribing if you like it (I did) as that makes it easier to find in the future.
In other news, we just got our ice rink up and going!
The kids enjoyed two days of skating before it melted due to unusually warm temps. It's supposed to get very cold again this weekend, though, so I'm sure it will freeze quickly and we'll be out skating once again. If you're nearby, stop in!
Do your kids like granola bars? Mine like some, but are picky, and they particularly like the chewy kind. I finally decided to try making my own so they would have an after-school snack, or even something they could put in their lunches that was somewhat healthy. I say "somewhat" because these are not the ultimate in health food snacks, and I'll be the first to admit it, but they are a little bit healthy....and I know exactly what is in them! Here's the recipe if you're interested in making some, too (my recipe is guesstimated as I made it up and most of the time I don't do a lot of measuring, but I think these measurements will work for you). I love run on sentences. Feel free to change it up and add/delete whatever makes you happy. I would like them with a dried fruit mixed in, but my kids don't. These are made very similar to rice krispy treats. My kids really like 'em, and they are easy to make!
Once made, I cut them up and store them as shown in the refrigerator.
Chewy Granola Bars
2 cups oats
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/3 to 1/2 cup almonds (I use whole blanched)
1 1/2- 2 cups rice krispies cereal (I use generic)
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or 1/4 c. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1 regular size pkg small marshmallows
chocolate chips
Prepare a large bar pan (cookie sheet with sides) with either Pam or parchment paper. In a food processor, combine oats, coconut and almonds. Pulse until pieces are all about the same size (don't process to long or it will become mush). Pour into a large bowl and add the rice krispies. Stir to combine. In a separate, microwave safe bowl (or do this on the stove top if you prefer), melt the coconut oil or butter. Add marshmallows and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until marshmallows are melted (about 1 minute). Stir to incorporate oil/butter with marshmallows (the coconut oil doesn't incorporate easily). Add the vanilla and stir. Pour marshmallow mixture into dry mixture and stir to get all the marshmallow goo mixed in. Spread onto prepared pan and spread out to an even thickness. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and push them in to the bars (try not to spread them as the chocolate gets clumpy). Place pan in a cold place to set up. Once set, cut into bars and store in baggies in the refrigerator for little hands to easily help themselves. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment