Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had Thanksgiving Dinner at our house yesterday. We had quite a crowd (16) considering our small space, but it all worked out nicely. Stirling and grandma came up, and the workers were with us as well. I brined my turkey this year since I've become a Pioneer Woman follower. ha It was actually very good, and I think I'll probably do it again next year if we have dinner here again.
Other than dinner, we had an interesting day. Poor Owen has been under the weather with a cold for a few days, but by Thursday he was really miserable and having a little respiratory trouble. Around 6pm we took him to the emergency room where they diagnosed him with RSV and gave him several breathing treatments. Since we're familiar with the virus (Lauren had it at about the same age) and we have a nebulizer, they allowed us to come home after a few hours with instructions to give him treatments every 4 hours. I also had to take him to the pediatricians office first thing this morning. The docs there put him on oral prednisone to help reduce the inflammation in his bronchials. They said he's okay for now but if he gets worse they'll admit him. I think he'll be okay, we'll just have to wait it out. It's a nasty bug and he certainly doesn't feel well.
The other excitement we got came early. We woke up Thursday morning to at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. It was pretty. The girls finally located their snowpants and played outside in it. So, here are a few pictures so far from the weekend. It's been a little stressful with Owen not feeling well so I haven't taken a lot of pictures.

Dinner Table

2 Grannies
Icecicles

1 comment:

ShareandRemember said...

I just looked a little closer-beautiful table! Looks like a nice Thanksgiving (but lots of work for you!)